The File generator displays the contents of a text file. The appearance (font, weight, size,
and so on) of the text in the source text file is ignored in favor of the settings in the
Inspector. The text file must be in plain text (TXT) format.
In a File generator, each line of text appears onscreen, holds for a moment, and then
disappears before the next line appears. You can control how the text appears using the
controls in the Inspector. The duration of the generator bar in the Timeline determines
how long it takes for all lines of text in the source file to reveal themselves.
Parameters in the Inspector
Lets you specify the plain text (TXT) file to use as the text source.
Sets the behavior of the text as it appears and disappears onscreen. Choose any
of several options:
• Constant: The text appears and disappears at a steady speed from the first word or line
to the last word or line in the text file.
• Ease In: The text appears at a slow speed.
• Ease Out: The text disappears at a slow speed.
• Ease Both: The text appears and disappears at a slow speed.
• Accelerate: The text appears and disappears with increasing speed.
• Decelerate: The text appears and disappears with decreasing speed.
• Custom: Defines the speed of appearance and disappearance of the text by setting
keyframes for the text from 0 to 100 percent using the Custom Speed slider, described
below. In other words, you determine the rate of the appearance and disappearance
of the text over time.
Allows you to keyframe the timing of the appearance or disappearance
of the text. At 0 percent, none of the text has appeared; at 100 percent, the last of the
text in the file is displayed (the last line or word). This slider becomes available when
Custom is chosen from the Speed pop-up menu.
Randomizes the order in which the lines of text appear.
Lets you change the seed number by typing a new number or clicking
Generate. This changes the random calculations to display the text in a different order.
The HUD contains the following controls: Speed and Random.