Additional Options in the Audio List
The Audio list shortcut menu gives you access to commands to help organize and
manipulate layers. Control-click a track in the Audio list, then choose a command from
the shortcut menu. The command is applied to the track you Control-clicked. The menu
contains the following commands:
• Cut: Removes the file and places it in the Clipboard.
• Copy: Copies the file to the Clipboard.
• Paste: Places the contents of the Clipboard in the current location.
• Duplicate: Creates a file identical to the original file.
• Delete: Removes the selected file.
• Active: Turns the file on and off. This is equivalent to clicking the activation checkbox
in the On column.
• Mute: Mutes the track. This is equivalent to clicking the Mute button in the Status
• Solo: Solos the track. This is equivalent to clicking the Solo button in the Status column.
• Reveal Source Media: Opens the Media list and highlights the media file associated with
the selected clip.
When no items are selected in the list, the shortcut menu provides this set of commands:
• Import Audio: Opens the Import Files dialog, which you can use to navigate to the
audio file to import.
• Paste: Pastes any audio data in the Clipboard into the Audio list and Media list.
• Project Properties: Opens the Properties Inspector for the project, where you can set
project information such as project width and height, bit depth, aspect ratio, background
color, render settings, and much more. For more information on the Properties Inspector,
Creating a Blank Motion Project
The Motion Interface